Interprofessional Healthcare Case Competition Overview:
This annual event hosted by Wisconsin AHEC invites students from any Wisconsin college/university to compete in a case competition, and prove you’ve got the knowledge and skills that employers are seeking in up-and-coming health professionals!
Teams will have two months to work together on a case study and submit their entry prior to the competition event. Each team will conduct an analysis of interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client. At the end of the process, your team will present your findings to a panel of judges representing various disciplines in the community of Wisconsin’s healthcare professionals.
Team APPLICATIONS click here:
Individual APPLICATION click here:
- Health professions students from any degree or discipline may compete.
- Create a team of 4-5 students, with at least three different degrees/professions represented. Or apply as an individual to be placed on an Interprofessional team.
- Applications are accepted online beginning September 2, 2019.
- Deadline to apply is October 18 unless all regions are filled sooner.
- Each team member will pay a $35 registration fee.
Benefits of participating in the IP Healthcare Case Competition:
- Refine your research and writing skills.
- Participate in an interprofessional health care team experience.
- Prepare yourself for professional practice.
- Gain a competitive edge in job hunting; during interviews; many employers are seeking evidence of interprofessional teamwork skills.
- Academic credit / course requirements may be possible to fulfill.
- Many networking opportunities with healthcare professionals.
This extra-curricular learning event requires students from different health disciplines to form Interprofessional teams to learn about, with, and from each other by analyzing a complicated fictitious health care case study. Teams present their case analysis and recommendations to a panel of judges staffed by leaders from academic institutions and health provider organizations.
- Teams will work together for two months (October – December), and submit their entry prior to the competition event. Each team will conduct an analysis of Interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client.
- At the end of the process, your team will present your findings to a panel of judges representing various disciplines in the community of Wisconsin’s healthcare professionals.
- Teams will travel to Wisconsin Dells to present their case in January.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winning teams.
2019/2020 Interprofessional Healthcare Case Competition:
Student Handbook/Rule book – Click Here
Student Participation, Liability & Media Release Forms
IP Case Competition:
2019 Interprofessional Case Competition Winners:
First Place Team: Allison Mork, Cerrita Houston, Gina Henton, Kimberly Schadt and Sophia Nathan -Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
Advisor: Cheryl Moore & Anna Steen
Second Place Team: : Megan Huss, Sarah Bedford, Kari Pritzl and Laura Reynebeau
Third Place Team: Ashley Labodda, Kate Gentry, Rachel Noonan, Samantha Penzkowski and Alissa Bruening
Advisor: Devanshi Patel