View IPCC Introductory video
Interprofessional Case Competition Overview:
This annual event hosted by Wisconsin AHEC invites students from any Wisconsin college/university to compete in a case competition, and prove you’ve got the knowledge and skills that employers are seeking in up-and-coming health professionals!
Teams will have two months to work together on a case study and submit their entry prior to the competition event. Each team will conduct an analysis of interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client. At the end of the process, your team will present your findings to a panel of judges representing various disciplines in the community of Wisconsin’s healthcare professionals.
Individual APPLICATION (for students that want to participate but may not have the connections to form a team)
- Health professions students from any degree or discipline may compete.
- Create a team of 4-5 students, with at least three different degrees/professions represented. Or apply as an individual to be placed on an Interprofessional team.
- Applications are accepted online beginning September 1, 2020.
- Deadline to apply is October 16 unless all regions are filled sooner.
- Each team member will pay a $35 registration fee (AHEC Scholars fees are waived).
Benefits of participating in the IP Case Competition:
- Refine your research and writing skills.
- Participate in an interprofessional health care team experience.
- Prepare yourself for professional practice.
- Gain a competitive edge in job hunting; during interviews; many employers are seeking evidence of interprofessional teamwork skills.
- Academic credit / course requirements may be possible to fulfill.
- networking opportunities with healthcare professionals.
This extra-curricular learning event requires students from different health disciplines to form Interprofessional teams to learn about, with, and from each other by analyzing a complex fictitious healthcare case study. Teams present their case analysis and recommendations to a panel of judges staffed by leaders from academic institutions and health provider organizations.
- Teams will work together for two months (October – December), and submit their entry prior to the competition event. Each team will conduct an analysis of Interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client.
- At the end of the process, your team will present your findings to a panel of judges representing various disciplines in the community of Wisconsin’s healthcare professionals.
- Teams will present their case to a panel of judges in January. 2021 event will be held Virtually!
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winning teams.
2020/2021 Interprofessional Case Competition:
IP Case Competition:
2020 Interprofessional Case Competition Winners:
First Place Team: from the Medical College of Wisconsin students representing Milwaukee AHEC:
Megan Cory (Medicine), Wasif Osmani (Medicine/PhD), and Cassandra Rucks (Pharmacy).
Second Place Team: from Concordia University of WI representing Northeastern AHEC:
Bailey Morrow (Physician Assistant), Anna Gomez (Pharmacy), Alan Banh (Pharmacy), Kiley Hopf (Social Work) and Rebekah Hadle (Occupational Therapy).
Third Place Team: from Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College representing Northwest AHEC:
Ashley Rauwolf (Gerontology), Kjera Gustafson (Nursing), and Lynette Wester (Nursing).
IP Case Competition Team Member Page