2021 INTERPROFESSIONAL CASE COMPETITION
2021 INTERPROFESSIONAL CASE COMPETITION WINNERS
IP CASE COMPETITION: 2021/2022
The 9th Annual Interprofessional Case Competition will begin with applications opening on September 1, 2021.
- Health professions students from any degree or discipline may compete.
- Create a team of 4-5 students, with at least three different degrees/professions represented. Or apply as an individual to be placed on an Interprofessional team.
- Deadline to apply is October 16 unless all regions are filled sooner.
- Each team member will pay a $35 registration fee (AHEC Scholars fees are waived).
This extra-curricular learning event requires students from different health disciplines to form Interprofessional teams to learn about, with, and from each other by analyzing a complex fictitious healthcare case study. Teams present their case analysis and recommendations to a panel of judges staffed by leaders from academic institutions and health provider organizations.
- Teams will work together for two months (October – December), and submit their entry prior to the competition event. Each team will conduct an analysis of Interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client.
- At the end of the process, your team will present your findings to a panel of judges representing various disciplines in the community of Wisconsin’s healthcare professionals.
- Teams will present their case to a panel of judges in January, 2022!
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winning teams.
Benefits of participating in the IP Case Competition:
- Refine your research and writing skills.
- Participate in an interprofessional health care team experience.
- Prepare yourself for professional practice.
- Gain a competitive edge in job hunting; during interviews; many employers are seeking evidence of interprofessional teamwork skills.
- Academic credit / course requirements may be possible to fulfill.
- networking opportunities with healthcare professionals.