Interprofessional Student Workshops
These health profession student workshops bring together 24 to 36 students from different academic disciplines for a hands-on interprofessional educational experience. These selected students will have the opportunity to go through multiple case scenarios to learn and practice the four core competencies of interprofessional education, collaboration and practice: Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice, Roles/Responsibilities, Interprofessional Communication and Teams and Teamwork.
• The participants will be able to describe the definition of Interprofessional Education from the World Health Organization
• The participants will be able to Verbally identify the four Core Competencies for IP Education
• Participants will be able identify roles and responsibilities of other health care professions
• Participants will be able to examine teams to distinguish between positive and negative teams and teamwork.
• Participants will play a part in a hands-on human patient simulation and conclude and summarize their career roles and responsibilities in the patient case.
• The learners will apply effective Team STEPPS strategies once during the human patient simulation patient case.
• The participants will be able to list 3 reasons why Interprofessional collaboration is effective for health care.
Eligibility: The event is designed for health professions students and technical college students who have completed at least one clinical rotation, unless nominated by instructor.
Monday, January 6th, 2020 at Lakeshore Technical College Campus