EXPLORE BEYOND THE CLASSROOM AND GAIN REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE ACROSS WISCONSIN BY BECOMING AN AHEC SCHOLARS
AHEC Scholars is a program for health professions students interested in supplementing their education by gaining additional knowledge and experience in rural and/or underserved urban settings. This is a longitudinal program with interdisciplinary curriculum to implement a defined set of clinical, didactic and community-based activities.
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED - WILL OPEN FALL 2021
ABOUT WISCONSIN AHEC SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Wisconsin AHEC Scholars is a two-year program designed to enhance and broaden a student’s healthcare training. Each year as an AHEC Scholar, you’ll participate in a combination of didactic and community-based experiential training in a Wisconsin rural community and/or with underserved populations.
Six Core On-line Didactic Topics Include:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current and Emerging Health Issues
Enrolled or accepted in:
- Expected graduation in Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter of 2023.
- Commit to participation as an AHEC Scholar for two consecutive years.
- Interest in working in a rural and/or under served area within Wisconsin.
- Participating in alumni surveys after you complete the program.